15 Aug Relationship facts
Relationship facts – Important things to remember when you are married or in a serious relationship:
- Don’t ever assume your partner feels loved.
- Date nights are a must. Doesn’t matter if you go out, or stay in.
- Talking openly about what you want to change in your relationship is important.
- Learn each others love language.
- We all don’t perceive love the same way.
- Go to bed mad sometimes. Don’t force a resolution. Sleeping on it does help.
- When you get into a fight, don’t just say “I’m sorry”. Say what you are sorry for, and how you will react differently next time.
- It will get boring sometimes. Every couple goes through the “boring” stage. It’s normal. It will fade. This is the time in your relationship you will have to put the most effort in. Some days you will have to pull more weight than your partner, and vice versa.
- It’s important to check in on each other’s mental health.
- It’s okay to go to couples counselling. It helps. It doesn’t mean you two are ending, or failing.
- Talk about money.
- Talk about your financial goals.
- Let your partner know what you expect from them, and vice versa.
- Turn off the phones an hour before bedtime and just talk to each other.
- Ask questions like
“What do you need to see more of from me?”
“How can we understand each other better?”
16. And most importantly, be kind to each other.
17. Love each other.
18. Fight for each other.
19. Remember, love is never easy, and it’s one hell of a ride.
20. But damn, is it ever beautiful, and worth it.
Share some relationship facts that may help others in the comment box below.