26 Jul Stranger Things: Season 4 – TV Reviews
Stranger Things Season 4 Review covers the entire analysis of the series ranging from the plot to the themes, down to the public perception of the film.
Stranger Things Season 4 is a massive, ambitious, and often terrifying return to form for the Netflix series. The season is split into two parts, with the first seven episodes released in May 2022 and the final two released in July 2022.
The season picks up six months after the events of Season 3, with the Hawkins kids now separated by distance and circumstance. Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown) lives with the Byers family in California, Mike (Finn Wolfhard) is back in Hawkins, and the rest of the gang is scattered across the country.
When a new supernatural threat emerges in Hawkins, the kids are forced to reunite to save the town. But this time, the stakes are even higher than before. The new threat, a powerful creature known as Vecna, is targeting teenagers and killing them in gruesome ways.
Season 4 is the darkest and most disturbing season of Stranger Things yet. The violence is more graphic, the scares are more intense, and the stakes are higher than ever. But the season is also the most emotionally resonant, with some truly heartbreaking moments.
The cast is all excellent, but Brown and Wolfhard give especially standout performances. Brown is heartbreaking as Eleven struggles to adjust to her new life in California. And Wolfhard is terrific as Mike, who is still reeling from the events of Season 3.
The supporting cast is also great, with Maya Hawke, Sadie Sink, and Winona Ryder all giving memorable performances. And the new characters, such as Eddie Munson (Joseph Quinn) and Argyle (Eduardo Franco), are all a lot of fun.
The season is also visually stunning, with some truly epic set pieces. The special effects are top-notch, and the season is full of some of the most memorable visuals in the show’s history.
Overall, Stranger Things Season 4 is a triumphant return for the series. It’s darker, scarier, and more emotionally resonant than ever before. And it’s sure to please fans of the show.
Is Stranger Things Season 4 Worth Watching?
Whether or not Stranger Things Season 4 is worth watching is a matter of personal preference. However, here are some factors to consider that may help you decide:
1. If you enjoyed the previous seasons of Stranger Things, you’re likely to enjoy Season 4. The show has a lot of the same elements that made it popular in the first place, such as the ’80s nostalgia, the strong characters, and the suspenseful plot.
2. Season 4 is a bit darker and more mature than the previous seasons. If you’re looking for a light-hearted show, this may not be the one for you. However, if you’re looking for a show that will keep you on the edge of your seat, then Season 4 is definitely worth a watch.
3. Season 4 is longer than the previous seasons. Each episode is about an hour long, and there are nine episodes in total. So, if you’re short on time, you may want to wait until the entire season is released before you start watching.
Overall, Stranger Things Season 4 is a well-made show that is sure to entertain fans of the series. However, it’s not without its flaws.
Some viewers have criticized the show for being too long and for having too many subplots. However, if you’re looking for a show that will keep you entertained, then Stranger Things Season 4 is definitely worth a watch.
Here are some reviews from critics and viewers:
1. IGN: “Stranger Things Season 4 is a worthy successor to the previous seasons, delivering scares, laughs, and plenty of ’80s nostalgia.”
2. The Hollywood Reporter: “Stranger Things Season 4 is a bit of a mixed bag, but it’s still an entertaining and suspenseful show.”
2. IMDb: “Stranger Things Season 4 has a 90% user rating, making it one of the most popular shows on Netflix.”
Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to watch Stranger Things Season 4 is up to you. However, if you’re a fan of the series, I would definitely recommend checking it out.
Why Do People Like Stranger Things Season 4?
There are many reasons why people like Stranger Things Season 4. Here are some of the most common reasons:
1. The Characters are Well-developed and Relatable
The main characters in Stranger Things are all likable and relatable, even the ones who are flawed.
This makes it easy for viewers to connect with them and root for them.
2. The Story is Exciting and Suspenseful
Stranger Things Season 4 is full of twists and turns, keeping viewers on the edge of their seats. The stakes are high, and the characters are in constant danger.
This makes for a thrilling and suspenseful viewing experience.
3. The Special Effects are Top-notch
Stranger Things Season 4 is a visually stunning show, with some of the best special effects on TV. The creatures and environments are brought to life in a way that is both believable and terrifying.
4. The ’80s Nostalgia is Strong
Stranger Things is full of references to ‘80s pop culture, which will appeal to fans of the decade. The show also features a killer soundtrack of ’80s hits.
5. The Show is Just Plain Fun
Stranger Things Season 4 is a lot of fun to watch. It’s a mix of horror, comedy, and drama, and it’s sure to entertain viewers of all ages.
Of course, not everyone loves Stranger Things Season 4. Some people have criticized the show for being too long, too violent, or too slow-paced. However, the show’s many fans clearly outweigh its detractors.
Overall, Stranger Things Season 4 is a well-made and entertaining show that is sure to please fans of the genre.