11 Jan How to Transfer Airtime on MTN | MTN Transfer Code
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to share airtime on your MTN line. We hope you find this information helpful.
To transfer airtime in MTN, you can use the following steps:
- Dial *123# on your phone and select the option for “Airtime Transfer.”
- Enter the recipient’s phone number in the format: 081XXXXXXXX.
- Enter the amount of airtime you wish to transfer.
- Create a four-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) to secure your airtime transfer transactions.
- Confirm the details of the transfer and send.
Note that: -you will be charged a fee for every airtime transfer you make
- Also, MTN set some daily transaction limits and also monthly limits, so make sure you are aware of them before start doing transactions
- Also, make sure you have enough balance to make the transaction.
How to Transfer Airtime Using SMS
To transfer airtime using SMS, you will first need to check if your mobile network provider supports this feature. If they do, they will likely have a specific format for sending the SMS command. The format may vary depending on the mobile network provider.
Generally, the process for transferring airtime via SMS involves sending an SMS to a specific number with a specific command, along with the recipient’s phone number and the amount of airtime you wish to transfer. For example, the SMS command might be in the format of “transfer [recipient phone number] [amount]” and sent to a specific short code provided by the mobile network provider.
It’s also possible that your mobile network provider may require you to register your phone number or create an account to use the airtime transfer service. And also it’s good to confirm with your mobile network provider before you proceed to avoid any mistakes.
How to Transfer Airtime Using USSD
To transfer airtime using USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) codes, you will need to follow these steps:
- Dial the USSD code for your mobile network operator’s airtime transfer service. This code is usually in the format of code #, where “code” is specific to your mobile network operator. For example, the USSD code for airtime transfer on Airtel is 141recipient’s numberamount to transferpin#.
- Follow the prompts to enter the recipient’s phone number, the amount of airtime you want to transfer, and your personal pin for the service.
- Confirm the details of the transfer, and wait for a confirmation message.
Please note that service charges may apply depending on your network operator
It is worth mentioning that the codes, format, and steps might vary depending on your country, mobile network operator, and even on the plan you have with them. It is advisable to check with your operator’s website or customer service for specific instructions.
What is the Default PIN for MTN Transfer?
How Do I Send Airtime to Another Number?
The process for sending airtime to another number can vary depending on the service provider and the country you are in. In general, you will need to have an account with a mobile network operator that allows you to transfer credit to other numbers. Here are a few ways you can send airtime to another number:
- USSD Code: You can use a USSD code to transfer credit to another number. USSD codes are short codes that begin with * or # that you can dial on your phone to perform various actions. For example, in some countries 123(recipient number) * (amount) #.
- Mobile App: Some mobile network operators have mobile apps that you can use to transfer credit to another number. These apps often have a “transfer credit” or “send credit” feature that you can use to send credit to another number.
- Customer Service: You can also contact your mobile network operator’s customer service and ask them to transfer credit to another number for you.
- Online Account: Most providers have an online account where you can manage your account and services, you can use that account to send airtime to another number.
Keep in mind that different operators and countries have different policies and limitations when it comes to transferring credit. And some may charge a small fee for this service.
Was this article useful? If yes, kindly share it on all social media platforms.