15 Mar How to Change Your Password
Why change my password?
There are different reasons why you may need to change your password –
1. You have just confirmed your account and do not want to continue using the secure auto-generated password that was assigned to you when you registered.
2. You forgot your password.
3. Your password has been compromised.
Change password after account creation and confirmation.
Follow these steps to change your password.
After you have submitted your registration, go to your e-mail and click the confirm e-mail address link that was sent to you by HQ Words.
1. When you see the message notifying you that you have confirmed your account, go to your dashboard.
2. Click on settings
3. Select edit account – This is the human-like icon in the middle at the bottom of your dashboard.
4. Click on password to see your securely generated password.
5. If you wish to continue using this, no action is required. Just keep a record of the password for future use.
6. If you want to change your password, enter your new password and confirm your choice.
7. Save changes.
Your password has been changed.
Changing your password because you forgot your password
1. Visit https://mp.hqwords.com
2. Click on ‘My Account’
3. Select ‘Forgot Password’
4. Enter the e-mail address you used to register
5. You will receive a notification that an e-mail has been sent to you with a password reset link.
6. Go to your e-mail box and open this e-mail.
7. Click on the password reset link.
8. Enter your new password and confirm your choice of password.
Your password has been changed. You can now log in with your new password.
I want to change my password because my password has been compromised
Follow the same steps described in the case of ‘forgot password’ above.
Once you receive the notification that your password has been changed, you can log in with your new password.