31 Jul Best Karaoke Songs of All Time that Span the Ages
Determining the best Karaoke songs album songs is quite tricky because there are plenty of them online. However, before we look at the list, let’s know what Karaoke is about.
Karaoke is a popular form of entertainment where people sing popular songs along with a recorded track. The word karaoke comes from the Japanese words “kara” (空, empty) and “oke” (オケ, orchestra).
Karaoke songs are typically upbeat and easy to sing along to, and they often have a wide range of genres, from pop to rock to country.
Best Karaoke Songs of All Time
Determining the “best” karaoke songs of all time can be subjective and depends on personal taste and the crowd you’re singing for.
However, there are some classic karaoke songs that are generally well-received and enjoyable to sing along to. Here’s a diverse list of karaoke favorites that have stood the test of time:
1. “Bohemian Rhapsody” – Queen
2. “Don’t Stop Believin'” – Journey
3. “Livin’ on a Prayer” – Bon Jovi
4. “Sweet Caroline” – Neil Diamond
5. “I Will Always Love You” – Whitney Houston
6. “Billie Jean” – Michael Jackson
7. “Hey Jude” – The Beatles
8. “I Wanna Dance with Somebody” – Whitney Houston
9. “Like a Virgin” – Madonna
10. “Piano Man” – Billy Joel
11. “Wonderwall” – Oasis
12. “My Heart Will Go On” – Celine Dion
13. “I Will Survive” – Gloria Gaynor
14. “Eye of the Tiger” – Survivor
15. “Girls Just Want to Have Fun” – Cyndi Lauper
16. “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough” – Michael Jackson
17. “Purple Rain” – Prince
18. “Someone Like You” – Adele
19. “Total Eclipse of the Heart” – Bonnie Tyler
20. “Boogie Wonderland” – Earth, Wind & Fire
Remember, the best karaoke songs are ones that you feel comfortable singing and enjoy performing. If you’re unsure what the crowd might like, you can always ask the host or look for popular songs from different eras and genres to cater to a broader audience. Happy playing!
What is the Most Performed Karaoke Song?
The most performed karaoke song is rumored to be Billie Jean by Michael Jackson. It was released in 1983 when karaoke was just starting to become popular in the United States.
The song is catchy, well-known, and from the 1980s, which are all qualities that make for a great karaoke track. It is also a relatively easy song to sing, which makes it accessible to a wide range of singers.
Here are some other popular karaoke songs:
1. Livin’ on a Prayer by Bon Jovi
2. Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond
3. I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor
4. Dancing Queen by ABBA
5. Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey
6. Mr. Brightside by The Killers
7. Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
8. Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen
9. Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd
These songs are all popular for different reasons. Some are catchy and easy to sing, while others are more challenging and require a strong vocal performance. But all of them are sure to get the party started and get everyone singing along.
What is the Most Popular Karaoke Song in the UK?
According to Thortful, the most popular karaoke song in the UK is Summer of ’69 by Bryan Adams. It is a classic rock song that is easy to sing and has a catchy melody. It is also a popular choice for group karaoke, as it is a singalong anthem.
Here are the top 5 most popular karaoke songs in the UK:
1. Summer of ’69 – Bryan Adams
2. Wannabe – Spice Girls
3. Mr. Brightside – The Killers
4. Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen
5. Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond
These songs are all popular for different reasons. Some are classic rock songs that are easy to sing, while others are more recent pop songs that have catchy melodies. They are all great choices for karaoke, as they are sure to get the crowd singing along.
Here are some other popular karaoke songs in the UK:
1. Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen
2. Dancing Queen – ABBA
3. I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor
4. Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
5. Sweet Home Alabama – Lynyrd Skynyrd
6. Livin’ on a Prayer – Bon Jovi
7. I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
8. Perfect – Ed Sheeran
9. A Million Dreams – The Greatest Showman
These songs are all popular for different reasons. Some are classic rock songs that are known for their powerful vocals, while others are more recent pop songs that have catchy melodies. They are all great choices for karaoke, as they are sure to get the crowd singing along.
What are the Best Karaoke Songs for Bad Singers?
Karaoke is all about having fun and enjoying yourself, regardless of your singing ability. Here are some karaoke songs that are known to be great choices for bad singers because they’re popular, have catchy melodies, and often evoke a sense of nostalgia:
1. “Don’t Stop Believin'” by Journey
2. “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond
3. “Livin’ on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi
4. “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor
5. “Twist and Shout” by The Beatles
6. “Dancing Queen” by ABBA
7. “Hey Jude” by The Beatles
8. “Build Me Up Buttercup” by The Foundations
9. “Love Shack” by The B-52s
10. “Wannabe” by Spice Girls
11. “Mamma Mia” by ABBA
12. “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison
13. “Take Me Home, Country Roads” by John Denver
14. “Summer of ’69” by Bryan Adams
15. “I Want It That Way” by Backstreet Boys
These songs are generally well-known and loved by most people, so even if you’re not the best singer, you’ll likely get a positive response from the crowd.
Just remember, karaoke is about having fun and sharing a good time with others, so don’t be afraid to get up there and give it your all! Confidence and enthusiasm can often make up for any lack of vocal prowess. Enjoy yourself and rock the stage!