If you have a heart for interesting facts, then these facts will make your day.
English language facts
- All the letters of the English language alphabet appear in the sentence – “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.”
- The shortest complete sentence in the English Language is “I Am.”
- The English Language has only two words where all five vowels-(a,e, i,o,u) are in order. The words are ‘facetious’ ‘and abstemious’.
- The longest word written using letters on the same row of the keyboard is TYPEWRITER.
- The longest English word with one vowel is Rhythm.
- The longest word in the English Language typed with only the left hand is STEWARDESSES.
- The toughest tongue twister in the English Language is “sixth sick sheik’s sixth sheep’s sick.”
Facts about arts and books
- The Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci has no eyebrows.
- The book stolen most often from public libraries is the World Gunnies Book of Records.
- The position of the horse legs in statues in parks is significant.
- If the person died in battle, the horse would have both front legs in the air.
- If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died due to a wound received in battle.
- If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
Facts about animals and plants
- Camels have three eyelids. These protect them from the desert sand.
- Ants do not sleep.
- Theobromine affects the heart and nervous systems of dogs. For this reason, chocolates can kill dogs since they contain the substance – theobromine.
- It is physically impossible for pigs to look up to the sky.
- All polar bears are left-handed.
- Butterflies taste with their feet.
- A snail can sleep for three years. (Wow)
- There is only one animal that cannot jump. That is the elephant.
- A crocodile has a tongue but cannot stick it out.
- No new animals have been domesticated in the last 4000 years. So all domestic animals you know have been there for ages.
- Rats multiply very fast. In 18 months, two rats can have a million descendants. No wonder they have rat colonies made of the same family.
- Ants can get intoxicated. When they do, they always fall on their right side.
You may also like these posts
Facts about humans
- Men blink only about half the number of times women.
- Someone can die by holding his breath.
- It is impossible to lick your elbow. (Bet you are trying it now)
- The tongue is the strongest muscle in the human body.
- If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib.
- More people fear spiders than they fear death.
- The human heart exerts enormous pressure when it pumps out blood to the body is enough to squirt blood 30 feet.
- The tongue is different for everyone just like fingerprints.
- More human twins are being born now than ever (Journal of Reproduction).
Science and mathematics facts
- You weigh less when the moon is overhead.
- Hot water runs into ice faster than cold water.
- Minus 40 degrees Fahrenheit and minus 40 degrees Celsius are exactly the same.
- Your heart stops for a millisecond when you sneeze. This is why people say “Bless you.” when someone sneezes. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head, and you may die.
- 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
- The bulletproof vest, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers were all invented by women.
- The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
- The electric chair was invented by a dentist – Alfred Porter Southwick.
- The only food that does not spoil is honey.
- Wearing a headphone for an hour will cause an increase in the number of bacteria in your ears 700 times (Take heed Millenials).
- The popular soda Coca-Cola was originally green.
- The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
- The kings in a deck of playing cards represent some great kings in history.
- Spades – King David
- Clubs – Alexander the Great,
- Hearts – Charlemagne
- Diamonds – Julius Caesar.
- The name of all continents starts and ends with the same letter. (I bet you are checking that now.)
- There are two credit cards for every person in the United States.
- Most lipsticks contain fish scales. When next you wear one, thank the fish.
- By eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class, American Airlines saved 40,000USD in 1987. (Olives cost some money huh!)
- 98% of people who read this may not know that SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.