10 Aug 50 Most Interesting Unknown Facts You Should Know
Posted at 07:15h in Education 0 Comments
If you have a heart for interesting facts, then these facts will make your day.
English language facts
- All the letters of the English language alphabet appear in the sentence – “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.”
- The shortest complete sentence in the English Language is “I Am.”
- The English Language has only two words where all five vowels-(a,e, i,o,u) are in order. The words are ‘facetious’ ‘and abstemious’.
- The longest word written using letters on the same row of the keyboard is TYPEWRITER.
- The longest English word with one vowel is Rhythm.
- The longest word in the English Language typed with only the left hand is STEWARDESSES.
- The toughest tongue twister in the English Language is “sixth sick sheik’s sixth sheep’s sick.”
Facts about arts and books
- The Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci has no eyebrows.
- The book stolen most often from public libraries is the World Gunnies Book of Records.
- The position of the horse legs in statues in parks is significant.
- If the person died in battle, the horse would have both front legs in the air.
- If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died due to a wound received in battle.
- If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
Facts about animals and plants
- Camels have three eyelids. These protect them from the desert sand.
- Ants do not sleep.
- Theobromine affects the heart and nervous systems of dogs. For this reason, chocolates can kill dogs since they contain the substance – theobromine.
- It is physically impossible for pigs to look up to the sky.
- All polar bears are left-handed.
- Butterflies taste with their feet.
- A snail can sleep for three years. (Wow)
- There is only one animal that cannot jump. That is the elephant.
- A crocodile has a tongue but cannot stick it out.
- No new animals have been domesticated in the last 4000 years. So all domestic animals you know have been there for ages.
- Rats multiply very fast. In 18 months, two rats can have a million descendants. No wonder they have rat colonies made of the same family.
- Ants can get intoxicated. When they do, they always fall on their right side.
You may also like these posts
10 Interesting facts About Some of the Best Stories You Have Read
11 Interesting Facts About Harry Potter
20 Interesting Facts About Books
Facts about humans
- Men blink only about half the number of times women.
- Someone can die by holding his breath.
- It is impossible to lick your elbow. (Bet you are trying it now)
- The tongue is the strongest muscle in the human body.
- If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib.
- More people fear spiders than they fear death.
- The human heart exerts enormous pressure when it pumps out blood to the body is enough to squirt blood 30 feet.
- The tongue is different for everyone just like fingerprints.
- More human twins are being born now than ever (Journal of Reproduction).
Science and mathematics facts
- You weigh less when the moon is overhead.
- Hot water runs into ice faster than cold water.
- Minus 40 degrees Fahrenheit and minus 40 degrees Celsius are exactly the same.
- Your heart stops for a millisecond when you sneeze. This is why people say “Bless you.” when someone sneezes. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head, and you may die.
- 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
- The bulletproof vest, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers were all invented by women.
- The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
- The electric chair was invented by a dentist – Alfred Porter Southwick.
- The only food that does not spoil is honey.
- Wearing a headphone for an hour will cause an increase in the number of bacteria in your ears 700 times (Take heed Millenials).
- The popular soda Coca-Cola was originally green.
- The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
- The kings in a deck of playing cards represent some great kings in history.
- Spades – King David
- Clubs – Alexander the Great,
- Hearts – Charlemagne
- Diamonds – Julius Caesar.
- The name of all continents starts and ends with the same letter. (I bet you are checking that now.)
- There are two credit cards for every person in the United States.
- Most lipsticks contain fish scales. When next you wear one, thank the fish.
- By eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class, American Airlines saved 40,000USD in 1987. (Olives cost some money huh!)
- 98% of people who read this may not know that SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.