03 Dec 35 Interesting Facts about Animals
35 Interesting Facts about Animals that will intrigue you.
1)Birds don’t urinate.
2) The only birds known that can fly backward are hummingbirds.
3) Roosters can go deaf from the loudness of their crowing. To avoid going deaf, they tilt their heads back when they crow. This act covers their ear canal completely, just like an earplug would. The loudness of a rooster crow is over 100 decibels, which is about the same as running a chainsaw, says a scientific study.
4) A group of parrots is known as pandemonium.
5) The peregrine falcon is the fastest bird with a diving speed of 242mph.
6) The ostrich is the tallest bird. It can grow up to 9ft (2.7m) tall.
7)Horses and cows sleep while standing up.
8)The bat is the only mammal that can fly. The leg bones of a bat are so thin that no bat can walk.
9) Even when a snake has its eyes closed, it can still see through its eyelids.
10) Despite the white, fluffy appearance of the Polar Bear’s fur, it has black skin.
11) The average housefly only lives for 2 or 3 weeks.
12) For every human in the world there are one million ants.
13) A small amount of alcohol placed on a scorpion will make it go crazy and sting itself to death!
14) Alligators and sharks can live up to 100 years.
15) Otters hold hands while sleeping, so they don’t float away from each other.
16) A honeybee has two stomachs- one for honey, and one for food.
17) Elephants weigh less than the tongue of a blue whale. The heart of a blue whale is the size of a car.
18) Blue whales are the largest creature to ever roam the Earth, and they certainly have the phallus to match.
The blue whale has the largest penis in the animal kingdom ranging between 2.5m (8 ft 2 in) to 3m (9.8 ft) and a diameter of 30cm (12 in) to 36cm (14 in). Each of its testes alone can weigh up to 150 pounds and can ejaculate gallons of sperm in a single go.
19) A cockroach can survive for about a week without its head before dying of starvation.
20) When a dolphin is sick or injured, its cries of distress summon immediate aid from other dolphins, which try to support it to the surface so that it can breathe.
21) A snail can sleep for 3 years.
22) The fastest bird, the spine-tailed swift, can fly as fast as 106mph. (Peregrine falcon is 390km/hr or 108mph)
23) A cow gives nearly 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime.
24)The leech has 32 brains.
25) Snails have teeth. A common garden snail has 14,000 teeth. The teeth are called radula and some species have over 20,000 teeth.
26) The average outdoor-only cat has a lifespan of about three years. Indoor-only cats can live for sixteen years or longer.
27) Sharks are the only animals that never get sick. They are immune to every type of disease including cancer.
28) The pacific octopus has 3 hearts, 9 brains, and blue blood. It camouflages by changing its colour and texture in a blink of an eye.
29) The only animal on earth that the male carries and gives birth to its young is the seahorse. The male seahorse has a pouch on its stomach and it can carry as many as 2000 babies at a time.
30) Giraffes are the tallest land animals. They can grow up to 19ft 95.8m) tall.
31) A mosquito’s proboscis has 47 sharp edges on its tip to help it cut through skin and even protective layers of clothing.
32) A flea can jump a distance 200 times its body length.
33) The human brain has memory space of over 2.5 Million Petabytes which is 2,500,500 Gigabytes
34) The fastest land animal is the cheetah. It can reach up to 75mph speed.
35) Elephants mourn their dead. They have been spotted returning to a place where a family member died and standing over the bones in silence, sometimes with their head bowed.
خرید پامرانینPosted at 16:17h, 03 December
Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about
this, like you wrote the book in it or something.
I think that you could do with a few pics to drive the message home a
bit, but instead of that, this is fantastic blog.
A great read. I’ll certainly be back.
adminPosted at 12:18h, 05 December
Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate you.